Saturday, February 17, 2007

Pepe LeCespul

Geez, I could go on and on. Yesterday, two more incidents occurred to me. Here is one of them.

In the fall of the year 2001, during orientation for Loyola Law School New Orleans, I had quite a bit of attention paid to me. More so than the beginning law student would expect.

One of the large group meetings was hosted by a Professor LeCesne, I am reasonably certain* of the professor’s name. During this meeting, which was held in a third floor auditorium, this professor waved his hand in the direction of the area in which I was seated and stated the word “Trash” three times. I do not know for a fact that this one word statement was directed at me as this professor did not have the balls to state my name when he stated the word, he also did not have the balls to point directly at me.

If this professor was indicating me he should have stated my name. Identifying somebody as trash is not defamatory. Identifying me by name or pointing directly at me would have given me the opportunity to at least question why this professor would identify me as trash in front of 200 or so of my classmates. If LeCesne was indicating me, who was the trash in this situation?

I wonder whether any of the other students present at this orientation thought that Professor LeCense was referring to me when he made this series of one word comments.
I wonder if this colored their perception of me?

*I am now beyond reasonable certainty. It was LeCesne.


In Requiem:

Loyola University New Orleans
Loyola School of Law
Lawrence Moore, S.J., Second Fellatist in Command

No comments: